Website by Ibiscuits
Article practice - (C)
Complete the gaps with 'a', 'an', 'the' or 'X' (no article)
1 Correct or Incorrect
Five of the following sentences are correct,
some need 'the'. Indicate where the definite article (the) should go.
Write "correct" in the gap or write the correct sentence if the sentence was incorrect.
- Martina is learning to play violin.
play violin / play the violin. Both are @correct
- Jennifer is learning to play chess.
- 'Is this Oxford road?' said lorry driver.
THE lorry driver. @incorrect
John works in a shop in Park Lane.
@correct (in Park Lane, along/on Park Lane)
- This book consists of quotations from great philosophers.
- We reached our destination at sunset.
- Terry spent summer climbing in Alps.
@incorrect ( the Alps )
- After they had completed their work in prison, bricklayers moved to another site.
- Mr. Watt refused even to visit home his relatives wanted to put him in.
@incorrect (go home
[the place where you live / visit a home
[a special place where they look after you])
- History was his favourite subject at school.
What do you think?
Log in to make comments