How to say Television
is the voiced minimal pair consonant of -sh'.
It is made the same way in the mouth.
The teeth are almost closed together. The lips are pushed forward. Lift the
tongue tip slightly towards the roof of the mouth and allow the sides of
the tongue to touch the inside of the side teeth. Blow a little air over the
tip of the tongue while switching on voice (sound in the throat), at the
Spelt with -sion or -tion
Asia Indonesia Australasia Malaysia mirage
usually, rouge, beige, pleasure, measure,
camouflage, prestige, treasure, occasion
Vision of treasure
TELEVISION practice Sentences
- It was a pleasure to go to Asia.
- His vision was to find treasure.
- I saw how he measured the erosion on the television show.
- The invasion created division among the people.
- There was a collision and an explosion.
- We painted the garage beige.
- She made a decision to stay at a lodge in Malaysia.
- While the student did some revision for his exam, he watched television.
- It was a happy occasion.
- They had problems with their vision when they saw the mirage in the desert.