The long -e- sound of "tree".
Compare to the short -i sound of FISH
Bee keeper - About this sound
This long vowel is made with the lips
fixed slightly open
in a wide flat position.
The tongue is slightly raised and the tip is resting
and touching just in the middle of the back
of the front bottom teeth. The
sound resonates toward the throat,
and the back of the tongue is slightly
raised near the throat.
Compare to the short-i sound of FISH
The + vowel
The apples the bananas.
tree, see, knee, week,
speech, sheet, feet, cheese, sheep, peel, seem, queen, meet
speak, seal, repeat, neat, easy lead, real, read, weak,
she piece, magazine
athlete (silent -e), evil, receive, key,
be, siege, he, receive
Bee keeper - Childrens words
Click the pictures and listen
Tree, Chinese, Green, ...
What other words do you know with this sound?
A teacher called Steven from Leeds
Eats each meal with a teaspoon of seeds.
Lilies cling to his skin,
Thickets spring from his chin,
And his knees are in leaf with green weeds.
Click a 'native' speaker's flag for examples
- I feel as if I need to sleep.
- Keep the key near your feet.
- It's easy to eat meat.
- I see sheep in the green fields.
- These sheets keep me clean.
- Green leaves between the trees
- The athlete repeated the knee and feet treatment.
- Please reach these pieces of cheese.
- Peter's street is completely green.
- I believed She would meet me in the east
- The employee Laid siege to these evil magazines.
What do you think?
Log in to make comments