In each of these sequences of three sentences,
there is an unnecessary word in two of them.
The first sequence has been done as an example.
- a) He has done a good work since he joined the firm. __
b) He has done a lot of good work since he joined the firm. __
c) He has not been in a good health recently. __
- a)The research they have done it proved nothing.
b) Who was it that said that they were wasting their time?
c) What's surprising is that the Government it has given them more money.
- a) My daughter is only 16,so she's still at the school.
b) I've always been interested in the education.
c) I'm very concerned about the education of my children.
- a) They are both very popular records.
b) Both are records will be very popular.
c) They come from the Woodstock festival, both are being recorded there.
- a) I was waiting on the platform for the train to arrive.
b) I was at the station for to catch the train to Lyons.
c) I asked him if it was the train for going there.
- a) They've sold their house and been moved to another part of the city.
b) I've not often been moved to tears by a song, but that one really affected me.
c) Having been moved the furniture,
I found I had more space in the living-room.
- a) I don't often see him these days because he lives a so long way away.
b) It's a new car and is so in a good state of repair.
c) I felt so tired that I could not continue in the race.
- a) I object to the Government spending my money on things I don't approve of.
b) The prime Minister has offered to her a place in the Government.
c) If she accepts,they will make her to sign the Official Secrets Act.
- a) She was not allowed to smoke on the flight.
b) She was not allowed to smoke, the which annoyed her.
c) The smoking is strictly prohibited on board.
- a) Most of people around her were born here.
b) Most of my relations were born here.
c) He's the farmer who owns most of land around here.
@username - Your comments please
Log in to make comments