Hyper Inflation - Some History
- Inflation is generally considered to be bad for a countries economy. Why is that?
- Could you describe a situation where inflation turns out well for a particular individual because of his circumstances?
- the number of German marks which a dollar would buy at the end of 1923.
- the country which has had the worst inflation in recent times.
Grammar focus: Refer to the grammar book if you need to check the rules.
Read the text again and complete each gap with one appropriate word, then click the green sound icon to listen and check your answers.
Hyperinflation in Germany
In practice , all metal currency, (3) _______
The problems of living with hyperinflation were enormous. Workers, (5) _______
Although Germany presents the most famous inflation horror story, it is not the worst. That record belongs to Hungary, (6) _______
- My brother, who is a solicitor, lives in Glasgow,
- My brother who is a solicitor lives in Glasgow.
- The man that owns this hotel, is married to my best friend.
- The man that owns this hotel is married to my best friend.
- The thief got in through the window which had been left open,
- The thief got in through the window, which had been left open.
- The students, who got very good marks, were allowed to go home,
- The students who got very good marks were allowed to go home.
- Why don't you tell me which evening is best for you?
- Why don't you tell me, which evening is best for you?
- The Eiffel Tower which was built in 1889 was the tallest building of its time.
- The Eiffel Tower, which was built in 1889, was the tallest building of its time.